Do I need a cover image and are there special requirements for my cover image?
A cover image is required. Your cover image will be displayed in the "bookshelf" or "menu" for many devices, and is used by bookstores like Amazon.com when you sell your book online.
There are some requirements for your cover image:
« Go Back to FAQ Page
- The hight of your image must be at least 800px. The image width must be at least 550px.
- Only JPG, PNG, and TIFF images are supported. However if you deliver your cover image in PDF, inDesign, Microsoft Word, or another format we can convert your image to JPG for you.
- Your image should use RGB color (not CMYK).
- Your image should be at least 72dpi resolution but we recommend 300dpi.
- The front cover is the only required image. Your cover should be "flat" – no shadow effects. You can also include the spine, front or back flaps, or back cover. We will include these within your book but they are not required.
To learn more about ebooks and digital publishing visit our blog: